What to be thinking about and when to get prepared for Medicare
Medicare can be complex, but our “New to Medicare” resources offer everything you need to make an informed decision.
- Explore the ABCDs of Medicare. What are my options? Start with an overview:
- Read about Parts A & B
- Read about Part C
- Read about Part D
- Read about Medigap
- Check eligibility
- Make sense of the costs of Medicare. Start with an overview:
- Read about Parts A & B costs
- Read about Part C costs
- Read about Part D costs
- Read about Medigap costs
- Learn about getting help with costs
- Understand your enrollment options. What should I do and when? Start with an overview:
- Plan to enroll on time to avoid penalties and delays in coverage, depending on when is best for you.
- If you plan to enroll in your Initial Enrollment Period, set a reminder for yourself for 3 months before your 65th birthday.
- Compare plans for coverage packages.
- Calculate costs per month/year for:
- Copays & coinsurance
- Get ready to enroll. Start by:
- Enrolling in Part A during your Initial Enrollment Period. You should also enroll in Part B unless you are eligible for a Special Enrollment Period.
- Confirming receipt of Medicare card(s).
- Talking to a licensed advisor to get detailed information about plans/see if you qualify.
- Making sure to ask these important questions:
- Will I have to choose hospital and healthcare providers from a network?
- Will my doctors accept the coverage? If not, are there doctors near me who will?
- Will I need referrals to visit specialists?
- Will the plan cover me if I get sick while traveling in another state?
- What will my prescription drugs cost?
- Are my drugs on the plan’s drug list (or formulary)?
- Does the plan include the pharmacies I currently use?
- Can I get my prescriptions through the mail?
- Does the plan have a good quality Star rating?
- Select a plan and enroll.
- What happens once you’ve enrolled? Learn how to use your Medicare.
Want to learn more about your options?
Request FREE Information
Download your FREE Medicare Advantage Information Kit or request a copy by mail.
Make an appointment
Get all of your questions answered in a meeting with a local, licensed Essence Healthcare advisor.
Attend a Medicare seminar
Learn more about Essence plans at one of our FREE local or online Medicare seminars.
Talk with a licensed Medicare advisor
Call to discuss your plan options with a licensed Essence Healthcare advisor.